[access-uk] Re: Large word files

  • From: "George Bell" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2005 17:20:38 +0100

Hi Barry,

Actually, that sounds about right.  What I find is that the
file will actually be displaying on screen, but takes a
while to complete.  It's possible that your screen reader is
just not able to do anything while that process is going on.

Be thankful you don't have any pictures in it too.!

Word does a huge amount of behind the scenes checking, so
turning off all possible options may speed things up a bit.
Things like interactive spellchecker, auto correct, etc..

George.

text.
> I have bigger files that are books.  I've removed all
> formatting, put it into an easy font style and size,
checked
> the page set up and re-saved it, but it still takes a
minute
> or so to open.
>
> Barry

desktop
> > that is slowing it down?  I'm using Office 2003 on a XP
> pro
> > machine with JFW 5.1 pro.
> >
> > If anyone can tell me how to speed this up without
> > un-installing Google, I'd really appreciate it.
> >
> > Barry H
> >

> > ** To leave the list, click on the immediately-following
> link:-
> > **

> > ** access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> > ** and in the Subject line type
> > ** unsubscribe
> > ** For other list commands such as vacation mode, click
on
> the
> > ** immediately-following link:-
> > ** or send a message, to
> > ** access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with the Subject:-
faq

> This Message has been scanned for viruses by McAfee
Groupshield.
link:-
> **
the