[access-uk] Re: Laptops

  • From: "Jackie Cairns" <cairnsplace@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2008 10:36:35 -0000

Hi Andy

Mine is the HP Pavilion DV9000 series.

Don't get me going with the HD/Blu-Ray thing. I suppose it's a bit like the VHS versus Betamax war. All I know is that the drive supports both, as well as the usual CD/CD-R/CD-RW etc. I've hardly used it to be honest.

I think firewire is something to do with being able to connect a camera or other device at high speed, but someone more technical will keep you right about that. Most machines come with one firewire port nowadays. This is not the same as WiFi, which is using the Internet wirelessly.

You will need to use at least JAWS 8.whatever to run Vista Home Premium though, but it does work quite well I have to say.

Anyway, hope that gives you some food for thought.

Jackie

Email: cairnsplace@xxxxxxx