[access-uk] Re: Laptop Internet Access while abroad.

  • From: Deon van Wyk <deonv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2009 14:42:29 +0100

Hi

Walking Hotspot on mobile phone with local simcard.

Relatively cheap, wide cover and little hastle.
Note that in many countries the simcard expires after a period as short as 3 months if not used.

Deon van Wyk - M.C.S.P.
Lever Physiotherapy Clinic
25 Fyfield Road
Enfield  EN1 3TT
Tel:  02083660666

At 14:18 26/06/2009, you wrote:
I dare say this question will surprise the mobile phone experts, but here goes.

My wife travels regularly to Denmark, and was sold a USB dongle by Vodafone which, she was assured would provide access abroad. Well it seems the sales person in the Northampton shop was about as bright as a toc h lamp. Head office assured my wife that this will not work outside the U.K.

So what do you guys use with your laptops to access the internet and check mail when sitting on a train in a foreign country?

George.

This message has been processed by <http://www.firetrust.com/products/benign/>Firetrust Benign.