[access-uk] Re: Laptop Batteries

  • From: "George Bell" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2007 16:19:03 -0000

Hi Sharon,

You don't say what make and model of laptop your daughter
has, but most of them have some kind of indicator, such as a
light on the case somewhere, which illuminates when the unit
is on charge.

Also, depending on the laptop, it may have a "Power" option
in Control panel which gives the status of the batteries,
and whether or not it is on charge. We had problems with a
Sony Vaio laptop belonging to my wife, where a brand new
battery could not be seen by the system at all.  The
supplier swapped it without question.

You may also find that the battery needs to be removed and
reseated.

It may be that the power supply is faulty and just doesn't
have enough oomph there. If all else fails, any friendly
electrician or electrical show should be able to take a
metre across the laptop end of the power supply and check if
there's the correct voltage there.

And most importantly, check out your warranty in case the
battery is excluded, or the warranty period is reduced.

George.

Date: 20/12/2007 14:14