[access-uk] Re: Label printer for win7 recommendations

  • From: "LaMcAs" <lamcas17@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2010 22:10:20 +0100

Further on this subject the new Dymo Label Printing software is no longer
accessible and Dymo have no interest in making it so!

I phoned them 3 months ago after a friend bought the Dymo LabelPrinter 400
and purely by chance I found the best was for her to be able to print labels
was to use the Contacts section of MS Outlook - on the Tools menu a Dymo
Label option is added after installing the software. Then to print a label
you just highlight the required name and do Alt+T (Tools) and arrow up to
Dymo Label and then press enter, then do Alt+p (print) and the label comes
out.

I know the Dymo label is also added to the Tools menu in Word and Excel but
as the lady in question is over 70 I didn't want to make things any more
complicated than they had already been made by Dymo!

Incidentally despite having filled out the "survey" request I have had no
further contact from Dymo - perhaps people might be wiser to use an Avery
label printer as at least there is a UK office you can phone and they do
seem to be a lot more aware of accessibility issues.

HTH

Larry & Elliot GD (Guide Dog)