[access-uk] Re: LOOKING TO CHANGE MY MOBILE PHONE PROVIDER

  • From: "Jackie Cairns" <cairnsplace@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2008 21:56:03 -0000

Hi Carol

I'm sure you'll get a lot of input from users on this one. I can only speak for the Pay-As-You-Talk setup I have with Vodafone, which suits me well. I used to be with O2, but don't find their Customer Services team particularly obliging, and certainly not the store in our area. Vodafone, on the other hand, have always been helpful, even if they do claim to know a lot more about TALKS than is actually the case. (smile).

I do know from my son's use of O2 that they charge from £25 per month for a SIM-only contract which you can opt out of after giving 30 days notice. But you may recall that young Ian didn't like this because he found it difficult to monitor the amount of texts and airtime he was using without speaking to them directly instead of calling an automated service.

If you shop around, do one operator at a time because if you go from one to another, they will completely throw you it's that much of a minefield. It's a case of swings and roundabouts I'm afraid. What one offers you as a good deal, another will try to better it and maybe leave out something you liked from the first network.

Oh happy hunting (smiles).

Jackie

Email: cairnsplace@xxxxxxx