[access-uk] Re: LONG CANE PROBLEM

  • From: Kevin Cussick <the.big.white.shepherd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2014 12:24:21 +0100

Good John, but most of don't have this sort of thing just on our person Lol, but enjoyed this.

On 11/08/2014 11:06, carol.pearson29@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Yes, I had my own methods too, but won't go into those right now! (Grins!]
There's always a Good Samaritan willing to take you home!:)

From: carol.pearson29@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx <carol.pearson29@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Monday, 11 August 2014 10.55 am

Hi Mary,

Well, that's the state of mine--one joint now won't fold at all! It's just such
hard work and I consider this a fault, even if others don't, since the whole
idea of a fold-up cane is that it does just that!

Thanks to those who suggested various lubricants. To be honest, if I'd been
told this was necessary for a while after purchase then I'd probably do it but
now, having had all these problems, I'm not prepared to try to solve this one,
perhaps only to find that I don't manage it anyway.

I didn't know that QAC actually sold canes, but then I had the same cane for
over 30 years and didn't need to know since most of the time I worked a dog!:)
Do they sell different makes/types to those sold by the RNIB? I thought all the
ones the RNIB sold were AMBUTech. That's how much i know, or rather, don't
know! Perhaps someone will put me straight!:)

Thanks for everyone's feedback. At least I can tell the RNIB it's not just me
that has had a problem.

Carol P