[access-uk] Re: LLU internet service provider?

  • From: "Amro Bilal" <amro_bilal@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 May 2007 13:36:53 +0100

Quite right, Gina. I wish I lived in a cable area; I would've used Virgin's
cable services. I'm with Virgin now and I'm promised a speed up to 8Mb. My
line, according to BT, is a good line and can support this speed of data
transfer. However, with a contention rate exceeds 50-1 in peak times what do
I get? I sometimes don't even reach the 512Kb speed - 35/40Kbps; pathetic. I
understand that most likely no one would get the 8Mb downloading speed, but
in a good day my internet speed goes up to, just above, 1.5MB. I started
losing faith in the ADSL technology in whole. I'm prepared to pay that
little extra money and get a good service and decent after sales support.
But it seems that with internet home services that one pay more for a little
or no more gain. That's why I'm looking to understand what LLU ISP would
mean to me. I'm even considering looking for the more expensive business
internet services. Am I being just frustrated and impatient and dealing with
this the wrong way?

Cheers,
Amro