[access-uk] Re: LINKSYS ROUTER WRT300nN UP AND RUNNING . . ..

  • From: "Graham Page" <gpage@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2007 14:23:25 +0100

Hi Carrol.

I would say that generally you should be secure enough with what you have
done already.  The main reason for implementing security is to stop casual
passers by stealing your bandwidth which people will do just out of
curiosity and to have a laugh about you being silly enough to set up
wireless networking and not do something about security.  Even setting up
WEP should be good enough therefore as casual passers by will find they
cannot connect to your network.

Regards

Graham