[access-uk] Re: LG to release android flip phone, could be great for the VI Market!

  • From: Tony Sweeney <tonymsweeney@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2015 09:04:55 +0100

Good Morning Mo,

Not sure where, but apart from the info at the link you provided here there was an interesting review of said phone I read somewhere and it was good but saying that getting to where one wanted with the buttons was sometimes a little hit and miss.

This of course could also be said for gestures IMHO.

Would be good to be able to find that review again which was on an emailing list anyway.

Tony Sweeney.

On 09/08/2015 15:49, Mobeen Iqbal wrote:

Hi Everyone.

LG are due to release a phone in europe later this month. This phone is a flip stile phone with 12 physical buttons and 7 physical shortcut buttons in other words, its like an older Nokia/Samsung phone on steroids. I must say, I can't wait. It could be a viable alternative for those looking to transition to a modern smartphone, but who are not comfortable with a touch screen only device. it has a quad core processor running at 1.1GHZ, 1GB of ram and android 5.1.1. when blackberry release their keyboard handset on android, we should finally have a choice of phones with physical keys again! more info can be found at:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2015/08/05/lg_to_bring_android_flip_phone_to_europe

cheers,

Mo.