[access-uk] Re: LG Wine Smart: Android Questions and Problems

  • From: Mobeen Iqbal <mobeeniqbal@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2015 09:55:19 +0000

Hi Pele.

If i were you, i'd try a factory default reset. the phone shouldn't be behaving the way you describe. I've configured 2 of these handsets and used them for all the most common tasks and they work well enough that's not to say that software updates won't break anything. as for the iPlayer radio app, in settings there should be an option for what to do if the screen is closed. I haven't got my phone here at the moment but its definitely in the main settings section for what the phone should do if the phone screen's closed. i've set mine to remain on the app that was last open instead of closing it down or minimising it. the phone does have potential depending on what you want from it. i'm not overly excited and haven't been recommending the phone because of the minor issues i've experienced as described in my earlier emails, but for most experienced android users wanting a straight forward keypad phone its not a bad handset. its a matter of opinion really. when samsung bring out their flip offering next year that bares similar specs to the samsung galaxy S6, hopefully that'll provide a better experience for people. lets hope they release it in the UK. It would be nice to have a handset that just works out of the box and that's at the right price...

cheers,

Mo.

On 14/12/2015 09:31, Steve Nutt wrote:

Hi Pele,

I must admit, I don't have one, but I couldn't get excited about it like Mo.
The spec is way too low to do anything useful.

Even worse, the UK model only has a 3MP camera, and the US model has an 8MP
camera.

I have read mixed reports about it. If it were as good as all that, I would
consider selling it, as one of my suppliers sells it, but they are too
problematic.

All the best

Steve

Computer Room Services