[access-uk] Re: LAST NIGHT'S IN TOUCH

  • From: "Tristram Llewellyn" <tris-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 10:40:16 +0100

The iTunes software can be told sepcifically not to manage your music
collection if you wish, then it's up to you.  Even if you do have it
organise the collection it is in fact possible to do a re-organisation if
perhaps the info taken from the CD database is incorrect.  The way to do it
is to use the "get info" command and then Fill out/change the info contained
with that track.  If you need to do the same to a group of tracks you can
highlight them and then use the same command to change the info globally for
them.  I also use this trick with files that have information with them
(those I hold copyrwright for) I can add the information into iTunes
manually.  However this is beside the point when actual access to iTunes
could be considerably better. especially on the Macintosh platform at the
moment where it is more or less non-existent despite Apple's recent
inclusion of a screen reader in Mac OS 10.4.

The issue of making an iPod is a more thorny one at the moment in terms of
R&D costs involved in relation to market, this is true of any of the other
MP3 player manufacturers.

Lastly, iTunes and iPod will play and store MP3 but you need to set it in
the options.  AAC is used by default because of it's greater efficiency and
also because it works with the iTunes store if you happen to be purchasing
music from there.

Regards.

Tristram Llewellyn
Sight and Sound Technology