[access-uk] Re: Kurzweil Problem

  • From: "James O'Dell" <jamesodell@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 May 2006 23:42:29 +0100

Hi Margaret.

Sounds very strange.  What sort of book are you trying to scan?  If it's a
"mass market" paperback then you might need to adjust the brightness setting
every so often, as according to the manual the ink density can vary from page
to page and this can have an effect on scanning.  Try printing out a simple
document in word and scanning it.  This should go some way to telling you
whether the problem is with your setup or with the book you are trying to scan.
 Also don't forget the "scanner optimisation" tool, it's very useful and a
great excuse for going and making a cup of tea.  As for the error with the
voices, when exactly does the error occur?  Is it as soon as you enter the
Voices section of the settings or if you attempt to change a certain voice, for
example?

Good luck

James