[access-uk] Kurzweil News/Newly Rebranded company

  • From: Colin Howard <colin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, avipworld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, bcab@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2014 21:23:52 +0100

Greetings,

I know only what is here.

From: David Goldfield
              <000000b4144fc9c3-dmarc-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2014 13:28:23 -0400

New name and tagline align with commitment to using technology
innovation to serve all learners and educators.

DALLAS, Aug. 13, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Kurzweil Educational Systems(R) ,
a division of Cambium Learning(R) Group, Inc. (Nasdaq: ABCD), announced
today that it will rebrand itself to reflect its continuing investment
in state of the art innovative literacy software for all students. As
Kurzweil Education(TM), the company will not only provide assistive
technology solutions, but support all learners in their journey to gain
academic success. The rebranding includes a new name, tagline, logo, and
a tighter product portfolio through the recent divestment of the
IntelliTools product line. The new company name combined with the new
tagline, "Unlocking Potential," is indicative of Kurzweil Education's
forward-thinking to help open the doors to learning, build students'
confidence, and boost academic achievement using technology-based tools.
"Our mission has always been to provide tools and resources that allow
all learners to engage actively in authentic learning experiences in the
ways that work best for them," said John Campbell, CEO of Cambium
Learning Group. "We continually hear from educators, students, and
parents about the life-altering experience our products provide. This
name change reflects our philosophy that anyone can succeed, whether
they're a student in primary, secondary, or postsecondary studies, or an
adult in the workplace. Our tools enable real learning to happen and
help unlock each learner's unique potential."
Kurzweil Education's flagship product, Kurzweil 3000(R) -firefly(R) , is
an award-winning reading, writing, and study skills software that
enables struggling students, including those with learning differences
such as dyslexia and English language learners, to read, understand, and
demonstrate their knowledge. Kurzweil 3000-firefly helps learners meet
rigorous standards and transforms struggle into success. Anchored in the
principles of Universal Design for Learning (UDL), Kurzweil 3000-firefly
is an easy, proven solution that ensures instruction and learning become
personal--and meaningful progress becomes possible.
Kurzweil 1000(TM) , the company's product for the blind or visually
impaired, is award-winning software that provides accessibility to print
or electronic text. The software incorporates text-to-speech technology
combined with communication and productivity tools to ease and enhance
the reading, writing, and learning experience. Online books, magazines,
dictionaries, and encyclopedias become available to empower all readers
to pursue their interests.
For more information, visit www.kurzweiledu.com.
About Kurzweil Education
Kurzweil Education believes that great educational technology solves
real problems. Our literacy and learning solutions offer learners a way
up and a path forward. Their varying needs, their challenges and their
potential to achieve drive us to excel. That's why we continue to
develop literacy-boosting solutions that directly enhance opportunities
to learn and achieve. Using the principles of Universal Design for
Learning, our products deliver content and tools that enable all
learners to read, understand and demonstrate their learning using
technology-based tools and resources. Kurzweil Education is a division
of Cambium Learning Group, Inc., a leading educational solutions and
services company committed to helping every student reach their full
potential.
Media Contact:
Kurzweil Education, Inc.
John Jorgenson, VP, Marketing
John.jorgenson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Investor Contact:
Cambium Learning Group, Inc.
Barbara Benson, CFO
investorrelations@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Logo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20100129/CLGROUPLOGO
SOURCE Cambium Learning Group, Inc.
/Web site: http://www.cambiumlearning.com
The Wall Street Journal news department was not involved in the creation
of this content.

--
David Goldfield,

      Founder and Peer Coordinator,
Philadelphia Computer Users' Group for the Blind and Visually Impaired

Feel free to visit my new Web site
http://www.DavidGoldfield.info/