[access-uk] Kodi?

  • From: Billy Inglis <william.inglis72@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2017 10:03:20 +0100

hi guys, I'm trying to find out if the Kodi software is accessible to us blindys?.
After doing some research in this matter, I must admit, I'm totally confused.
Google will tell you Kodi17.3 is accessible using an add on which installs its own screen reader, but my sighted helper has not been able to find such an add on using 17.3 on an Amazon firestick.
We have also installed Kodi17.3 on my windows10 laptop system with the same results. I was also informed on another list, that NVDA can be used as a screen reader with Kodi17.3, but I cannot Imagine this can be true either, and therefor I have come to think Kodi is not accessible and will not be so anytime soon.
Just in case my research has Indeed gone bonkers, and there is Indeed a way to have a screen reader to work with Kodi17.3. Please put me out of my misery, and let the list know exactly how to do so, Billy
** To leave the list, click on the immediately-following link:-
** [mailto:access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=unsubscribe]
** If this link doesn't work then send a message to:
** access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
** and in the Subject line type
** unsubscribe
** For other list commands such as vacation mode, click on the
** immediately-following link:-
** [mailto:access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=faq]
** or send a message, to
** access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with the Subject:- faq