[access-uk] Kindle revisited yet again!

  • From: "Jackie Cairns" <jackie.cairnsplace@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'BCAB Discussion List'" <bcab@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2011 10:18:03 -0000

Apologies everyone since I appreciate this topic has been covered many times
on both these lists.  But I haven't needed to follow the various threads
until now, so hope one or more of you could give me answers to the following
questions.

1.  I realise the only accessible Kindle that seems to be available is the
one that costs £149 from Amazon with 3G and WiFi.  But could you tell me how
accessible this model is in terms of use?

2.  Can I download books with ease, or does this require sighted assistance?

3.  Is the voice our dreaded friend Daniel, or can you choose or change?

Any other help would be great at this time.  I have quite a large reading
list for various subjects at university, and I understand Apple books are
much more expensive when I can't find any in Braille or on talking book,
particularly reference books and specific dictionaries.

Many thanks, and apologies again for raising what seems to be a frequently
visited topic.

Kind Regards,

Jackie Cairns