[access-uk] Re: Kindle books

  • From: Eleanor burke <eleanormarthaburke@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 8 Oct 2015 21:13:20 +0100

oh right then maybe I need to write to Amazon. do they have an accessibility
email contact address? no interestingly I have been told that if I downloaded
the kindle from Mac from Amazon it is fractionally more access a ball then the
Kendra on the Mac store so that to me makes no sense.

On 8 Oct 2015, at 20:36, chris <challsworth2@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi

It's not Apple, it's Amazon that needs to get it working with VoiceOver on
the Mac. I do however concur with your statement.

On 08/10/2015 20:31, Eleanor burke wrote:
why is Apple not improving access ability for a candle on the Mac? surely if
it can be done for the iPhone iPad iPod touch et cetera it can be done on
the Mac.

On 8 Oct 2015, at 20:30, chris <challsworth2@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I can tell you on iOS you will get a much better experience. Full VoiceOver
support is included in the Kindle app. You even get hints along the way.

On 08/10/2015 10:20, AKH AKH wrote:
Hi all

Reading books on my PC with Kindle with accessibility is very useful but
has limitations with regards to reading aword or character at a time.
Generally navigation is limited. Now, is this the same experience on
Kindle apps for Android or IOS devices? Perhaps the Amazon tablets
might have better navigation with speech. Anyone had any experience?

Andrew