[access-uk] Re: Kindle accessibility

  • From: "Griffiths, Steve" <Steve.Griffiths@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2011 16:13:27 +0100

Just to correct one point; it's possible for publishers to prevent the hardware
Kindle TTS working (although this is happening less and less). The TTS voice on
the software version will work even on books which the hardware Kindle will not
read, so it's a useful backup!

You can download Kindle for PC with accessibility from
www.amazon.com/kindle/accessibility.

The RNIB have a lot of information on ebooks starting at
www.rnib.org.uk/ebooks. There is currently a page about Kindle versions here:
http://www.rnib.org.uk/livingwithsightloss/readingwriting/ebooks/comparing/Pages/amazon.aspx
I hope to update this page today, so you might want to wait until tomorrow
before looking at it.

Steve