[access-uk] Re: Kindle Question

  • From: Deddajay <deddajay@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2013 20:16:09 +0100

Sorry, Roger, the Kindle will not play epubs. Kindles support the following formats only:

Kindle Format 8 (AZW3), Kindle (AZW), TXT, PDF, unprotected MOBI, PRC natively; HTML, DOC, DOCX, JPEG, GIF, PNG, BMP through conversion

You would have to convert any epub to one of the above formats before you could read it on a Kindle.

I don't think any of the current models support mp3.

Hope this helps.
Deddajay

On 23/09/2013 18:37, Ian Macrae wrote:
roger, yes, if you plug the kIndle Keyboard up to a computer it shows up in whichever explorer you use and you can copy and paste files to it. On 23 Sep 2013, at 17:30, <roger.south@xxxxxxxxxx <mailto:roger.south@xxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

If I purchased a Kindle could I play anything on it except Kindle formatted items? I mean for example books I have in MP3 format. Or some of the Epub text books I have.
Roger