[access-uk] Re: Kindle Question

  • From: Ian Macrae <ian.macrae@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2014 20:22:08 +0000

Jim, you need to specify which device you're loading a book on to.  Is it a
Kindle keyboard, or is it the Kindle app for iPhone or android?  Or it could be
the latest Kindle fire.  The answer to your question will be dependant on this
info.  But in general books for the Kindle are available for purchase from the
Kindle store via amazon.  other texts from other sources can be either copied
from a computer to a Kindle hardware device or accessed via the Kindle app if
they're emailed to the Apple or android device.  My understanding is that Apple
remains the best option for accessibility.
On 7 Jan 2014, at 20:16,
<doherty468@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:doherty468@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

Hi Folks,

Apologies if this is off topic, but I'm  thinking of purchasing a accessible
Kindle book. Before i go ahead, is there a web site that lists eBooks and their
titles on the net so i can get an idea of what books are available for download
to the kindle first?

Any help will be welcomed.
Jim