[access-uk] Re: Kindle

  • From: "David Russell" <david.russell8@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2012 07:27:49 +0100

Ed,

That is great.  Thanks.

David

-----Original Message-----
From: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Edward Green
Sent: 01 October 2012 21:00
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [access-uk] Re: Kindle

Hi David,

It's a bit complicated, but here goes.

When a book is reading, hit the key to the right of the space bar to interrupt
the speech.  This brings up the page preferences menu.

Move the 5-way controller down until you here speaking voice, then move it left
or right to choose the other option, then hit select.  Note it can take a few
seconds for the voice to change and it might start reading in the original
voice first.  Also note that the choice won't wrap, so if you move the
controller to the left and hear nothing, try to the right.

If you press the key to the right of the space bar to bring up the page
preferences menu having already interrupted the speech with space bar or
elsewhere when the text to speech engine isn't reading you the book, the
speaking voice option won't appear.

Hope that helps.

Ed