[access-uk] Re: Keyboards dirtier than a toilet seat?

  • From: "George Bell" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 May 2008 15:35:36 +0100

An extremely interesting article.

Of course it raises the question of how to clean a keyboard.
A while ago, we realised that we had nigh on a dozen faulty
keyboards in cupboards in our office.  Trish did some
Googling about cleaning and came up with a remarkable number
of results advising we simply put them in the dishwasher.

Well they weren't working properly, so I figured we'd
nothing to loose.  Into the dishwasher they went, on the
coldest wash cycle, and with NO detergent.

After that, we shook them to remove as much water as
possible, and as advised, put them into a nice warn airing
cupboard above the immersion heater cylinder for 3 or 4
days.

Amazingly nine out of the ten worked, and have been for over
a year now.

This is not something I'd recommend with your one and only
keyboard, but if you have one or more faulty or sticky ones
lying about, it's certainly worth a try.

George.