[access-uk] Re: K-NFB Reader update

  • From: "Steve Nutt" <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2008 13:05:17 -0000

Hi Jackie,

I know I am a dealer of SiRecognizer, but this is the advantage of the
modular approach.  With Recognizer, the camera is not attached.  This means
that as cameras get better, you can buy a new camera, without buying the
whole kit again.  Also, the PC is a standard UMPC, which means nothing is
bolted to it.  So again, as PCs or UMPCs get better, you can buy the UMPC
new without buying the software again.  This is one reason I don't like
things bolted together in such a way that the only way to upgrade it, is to
rely on the manufacturer.  The only down side I could see, would be if
Recognizer itself stops being developed, which is of course, not what is
happening to KNFB.  Here, they are kicking it, because the hardware is not
upgradable.  Just my opinion.

All the best

Steve

  _____