[access-uk] Re: KNFB Reader for iPhone

  • From: "Ibrahim Gucukoglu" <ibrahim_gucukoglu@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2014 18:34:33 +0100

Hi Richard.

KNFB Reader is simpler to use than Prizmo, and all the controls you need are in positions relative to where you can reach given that you're having to hold the phone accurately and without tilting. You can export your scanned text, copy it to the clipboard etc. or have it read aloud, you can batch scan pages but there is no document management function that I've seen though I haven't played with the app since I wrote my last email on this yesterday afternoon. I would still use my Giraffe yes, it will keep your phone in the correct position if you aren't particularly dextrous enough to hold it so if anything, KNFB Reader offers an improvement in recognition, combined with the giraffe, near table top scanner accuracy is now pretty much a reality.

-----Original Message----- From: Richard Godfrey-McKay
Sent: Saturday, September 20, 2014 11:42 AM
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [access-uk] Re: KNFB Reader for iPhone

Ibrahim, Just a few questions, if I may.
Do you still feel that using the Giraffe stand improves accuracy?  Is
accuracy better than, say, Prizmo ?

Does KNFB have any other features not present in Prizmo?
 thanks,

Richard

Richard Godfrey-McKay

Telephone: 01738-445 880