[access-uk] Re: KNFB Reader for iPhone

  • From: "Ibrahim Gucukoglu" <ibrahim_gucukoglu@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2014 22:00:56 +0100

Hi.

I wouldn't use it for things like that, so I'm not testing it with cd and dvd cases as apps like tap tap see and cam find do a better job at recognising those. From what I've discovered so far though, this is a brilliant little app which get surprisingly good results, and that's with someone who isn't a dab hand at taking good shots. You need to be in a well lit room preferably and for starters I used the tilt stabilisation to help me level out until I got the hang of taking good picks. I scanned a few sheets of A4, some printed on a laser machine and some printed on an inkjet. The laser and inkjet printouts were more or less accurate, though the laser took top spot over all though there wasn't much difference in it. Glossy magazines were harder work though, a mailshot that that came through the door this morning didn't scan very well at all because it was very glossy, but then this is my first foray with this app and I'm still learning as I use it.

All the best, Ibrahim.

-----Original Message----- From: martin wilsher
Sent: Friday, September 19, 2014 4:10 PM
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx