[access-uk] Re: K-NFB Reader app question

  • From: "Ibrahim Gucukoglu" <ibrahim_gucukoglu@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 4 Jan 2015 16:40:10 -0000

Hi Jackie.

KNFB will start to read a document as soon as it has recognised text using the default voice for that language. In the case of UK English, it will be Daniel, irrespective of which dialect you choose by default or whether you are using Alex. The pause/play button is in the middle of the screen at the bottom adjacent to next/previous sentence, and you can turn off the automatic reading of text in the settings screen of the app's main window.

All the best and I hope this answers your question.
-----Original Message----- From: Jackie Brown
Sent: Sunday, January 04, 2015 12:21 PM
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [access-uk] K-NFB Reader app question

I have always been aware of two voices speaking whenever I use the K-NFB
Reader app on my iPhone.  I have Alex as my default voice, but when I load
the app and take a picture, Alex and Daniel speak.  Alex will say something
like "pause" or "play", and Daniel does the reading of whatever I have
scanned.  But Alex can pipe in as well, and I do find it irritating at
times.  I have tried using the app with Daniel as the default voice for
VoiceOver, but I then get two Daniel voices, and one is quite definitely
enough where he is concerned! (smile).  Is there anything I can do to change
this sequence, or is it just one of the things the app does?

Kind regards,

Jackie Brown
Emails: jackieannbrown62@xxxxxxxxx
thebrownsplace@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx