[access-uk] KNFB Reader Software Activation

  • From: "Barbara Wilson" <barkingbabs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Access-UK" <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2009 21:24:16 -0000

Firstly, let me say that the KNFB Reader customer support team have been extremely helpful towards me during this whole process, replying to Emails even over the holiday period.

However, the whole receiving a 14 day demo is a complicated process and I do wonder why it needs to be so? Firstly you Email them for a serial number. Then you go to the site, register for an account and enter the serial number. Next you download the software and install onto your phone. After this you launch the program on the phone and on the second screen, you get an activation code. You enter this on the correct page on the Website and receive a third number. You type this into the phone when prompted and finally, your demo is active.

Seems ridiculous and not at all encouraging for someone wanting to try out the software. I am sure they have a good reason for this, whatever it is!

Anyway, as I said before, they have been very helpful and my demo copy is now ready to go. I will be trying it out over the next few days.

Barbara Wilson
M: 07917710779
T: 02887784046
E: barkingbabs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx