[access-uk] Re: KNFB

  • From: "Ian Macrae" <ian.macrae@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2006 10:32:04 -0000

Hi Kirsten, Colin here <smile>

There really isn't much else to say.  It does pretty much what it says on the
tin.  In addition to what I said on the show I'd add that, as with many pieces
of access or adaptive technology, I think it's come slightly early to market.
The software and therefore aspects of the reader's  performance can be flaky.
Sometimes, for example, it will give the battery status as two hundred and
fifty-seven per cent full.  The other thing I'd continue to argue as I have
since first seeing it is that it is over-priced.  Even if you add R&D costs to
the relatively low prices of the two constituent parts, a five MP digital
camera and a standard PDA, I think £2,600 is excessive.

Cheers now.

Ian (aka Colin).