[access-uk] Re: Just interested Jackie...

  • From: "Dj Paddy" <mygroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2008 13:05:31 -0000

Thing to bare in mind here is that your ISP's speed tests are heavily biased in their favour.

All their testing is your connection to their local proxy and not your real-world throughput.

The BBC have a fairly fast server.

Try downloading say the ouch podcast,

http://downloads.bbc.co.uk/ouch/podcast/ouch_podcast22_st.mp3

See what speeds you're getting there.

I've just tryed it and got, 1.70 MB/Sec.

Dj Paddy
----- Original Message ----- From: "Jackie Cairns" <cairnsplace@xxxxxxx>