[access-uk] Re: J-tools

  • From: Doris and Chris <chipmunks@xxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 08 Dec 2012 22:09:30 -0500

If I understand the way j-tools works is that the actual sscripts it has for different applications are called from the jaws default scripts so that the j-tools scripts come into action before the application scripts.

When you update jaws, you overwrite the defaults of the previous build of jaws, thus also overwriting the j-tools scripts being called from the default.

A better way to code this would be to create a custom defaults that call the j-tools as Mr. Lee has done with his skype scripts. As it is, you are probably stuck with the build of jaws 13 that j-tools is made for.

I am not sure if just reinstalling j-tools would fix the problem. you probably ought to get in touch with the makers of your j-tool utility. you should not have to choose between using your j-tools utility that you paid for and taking advantage of the bug fixes and improvements by upgrading your build of jaws.

hth

Doris

At 06:34 PM 12/8/2012 +0000, you wrote:
I have the most up to date version of j-tools.
But after updating my Jaws 13 it stopped working.
Have reloaded both to no avail, is it me?
Also thanks to all of you over my C5 Texting, which now works.
Thanks again.
Niamh