[access-uk] Re: JazzFM High Quality stream.

  • From: "Carol Pearson" <carol.pearson29@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2010 21:05:41 -0000

Hey Colin,

I wouldn't mind a copy of your radio stations, so I can have a flick through them too! <Smiles>---- Original

--
Carol
carol.pearson29@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Message ----
From: "Colin r. Howard" <colin@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, January 11, 2010 8:52 PM
Subject: [access-uk] Re: JazzFM High Quality stream.

Greetings,

Finally, I have managed to set up a work-around for my
downstairs laptop.

Gordon Atkinson suggested in a private message I create a
file in notepad, into which I paste the link, called
JazzFM.m3u and save under the all files tab.  I then
create a shortcut to the desktop and, hey! it worked!

Because I use TotalRecorder to capture streams off the
net and it causes problems with WinAmp streams, due to
driver conflict (I am still using v6.1 pro, I gather this
problem has now been addressed in later versions) I
decided also to set up a real player file, called
JazzFM.ram and this works also.  I tried setting up a
file for media called JazzFM.asx but though media
launched, no music came forth so I abandoned as a bad
job.

I have a folder on my desktop called radio stations on
the net, into which I place such icons else my desktop is
going to become very very cluttered, so I now have these
in my stations on the net folder.

As the upstairs desktop is working fine, I shall leave it
for now.

Thanks to all for such prompt and useful replies.

From Colin Howard who  lives near Southampton in
Southern England.
link:-
**