[access-uk] Re: (Jaws-UK) - URGENT - JAWS and Windows XP Service Pack 2

  • From: "Peter Logue" <peterlogue@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2004 10:52:10 -0400

Hi Audrey, That's not exactly what I meant. What happened to me last year
was that I went to Microsoft to download upgrades. i noticed that one of my
required downloads was service pack one, so I downloaded it. As soon as it
was installed I lost my sound card drivers, or they had changed to the point
that I had no sound at all. I looked in trouble shooting for my Windows XP
and read that if I installed XP service pack 1, I might have trouble with my
yamaha/Toshiba sound card. This is just exactly what happened. I had to get
sighted help to go to the Toshiba website in Holland and download new
drivers. Before this point all upgrades were, I believe, being installed
automatically. Why service pack 1 was never a part of those upgrades I don't
know. Perhaps Toshiba refused an automatic install of this service pack,
which would explain why a manual install screwed things up,

Peter

** vacation ## d