[access-uk] Re: (Jaws-UK) - URGENT - JAWS and Windows XP Service Pack 2

  • From: "Audrey Tonge" <audrey.tonge@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2004 13:48:28 +0100

Hello George and all,

I have read the article you sent with interest, having spent a large part of
Saturday evening on For the People website, hearing a presentation from a
beta tester for Microsoft, as I understood him to say, who assured us
several times that the install of Windows service pack 2 would not
inconvenience us at all as jaws users.  Then suddenly, Microsoft send out an
announcement saying that this might not be so.

The person concerned also advised us to turn on automatic updates, so that
we get the install as soon as possible.  With this in mind I would probably
say best turn them off until this is clarified one way or another.

Audrey