[access-uk] Re: Jaws voice chagin in 51

  • From: "Peter Logue" <peterlogue@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2004 14:31:23 -0400

Jaws only comes with one synthesizer. Eloquence. Within that synth you can
have many voices. French. American English UK English etc.  But only one at
a time. Even if you are using an external synthesizer, I'd be puzzled if it
were to speak in many voices all at once. The only way I could get three or
four voices on my computer speakers at the same time is. 1. Run Wineyes. 2
Run Jaws. 3. Run Zoomtext with speach enabled. 4. Activate windows narrator.
It might be a possibility that you have activated windows narrator. If you
alt tab around your programs, do you hear one that says Utility Manager?  If
so you might be in a list box of items. Up and down arrow until you hear
Narrator. Select Narrator so that it is highlighted, then tab to Exit.
If you are running Zoomtext, disable speach when running Jaws. I doubt you
are running both Jaws and Window eyes, but if your computer is speaking in
tongues. Who knows. smiles. I believe you said before that you were
downloading voices, but I'm not sure you have set them up to run in Jaws.
What voices and or programs did you download and where did you install them.

Peter

Are they all Jaws voices?

Scotland Radio:
http://www.sightconnections.com/radio/scotland.htm