[access-uk] Jaws reading speed

  • From: Amro Bilal <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2021 13:28:46 +0000

Hi all,

Is it possible to specify the Jaws reading speed based on the application in focus?

For instance, this can be useful to choose a lower reading speed for Kindle or Adobe than the fast speed one normally uses for quick browsing and everyday tasks as it were. If I can change the speed for ‘Say all’ that would be an option as well.

I couldn’t find any settings to do this in ‘Settings Manager’. I know this can be done using ‘Voice Profiles’, but this requires manual switching which is not ideal.

My main synth is Eloquence, and I use Jaws the latest.

Any ideas? And if Jaws doesn’t have this feature, do you think it’s a good idea to have it?

Best,

Amro

** To leave the list, click on the immediately-following link:-
** [mailto:access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=unsubscribe]
** If this link doesn't work then send a message to:
** access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
** and in the Subject line type
** unsubscribe
** For other list commands such as vacation mode, click on the
** immediately-following link:-
** [mailto:access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=faq]
** or send a message, to
** access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with the Subject:- faq