[access-uk] Re: Jaws display settings

  • From: "John Gregory" <jgm.gregory@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2011 23:13:53 +0100

Hi Jeff,

Not sure what your PC configuration is, so the following may not be
specific, but the principle is the same:

Changing display settings in Windows 7

1. Click on the Windows key and type 'control' into the search box and press
enter;

2. In Control Panel, cursor down until you come to 'Adjust Screen
Resolution' and hit enter;

3. The screen Resolution panel will appear;

4. Tab down twice and JAWS should tell you what your screen resolution is,
i.e. 800 x 600, 1024 x 780, etc etc;

5. Press the down arrow once which will cause JAWS to focus on the
adjustment bar, press left or right arrow to increase or decrease the
resolution. Press tab to go back to read the setting, i.e. 800 x 600. Repeat
the above steps until you get the resolution you want. Suggest going down to
800 x 600 and see how that works with JAWS; If it is OK, then try increasing
the resolution until you reach the stage where JAWS stutters again.

6. Once you have the resolution you want, tab to 'OK' and hit enter. You may
be asked if you want to change the settings, just choose 'yes'.

If it is a resolution problem, then setting the monitor screen to 800 x 600
first should let you determine if that is the problem. The higher
resolutions very much depend on the capability of your graphics card, but
most will have 800 x 600 and 1024 x 780.

Cheers.

John.

  _____