[access-uk] Re: Jaws and Remote Desktop

  • From: "Peter Beasley" <pjbeasley23@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2011 11:25:08 +0100

Take a look at Crossloop. I haven't use it but it is supposed to work with any screenreader. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Caroline Ford" <caroline@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, April 26, 2011 8:41 PM
Subject: [access-uk] Jaws and Remote Desktop

Hello,

I have been asked to find out whether Jaws will allow me to use Remote
Desktop to log on to remote servers to help with system administration.

I have contacted Sight & Sound and have found that, in order to do this with Jaws Pro, we would need to buy the Remote Access add-on and would also need
to install Jaws on each of the remote machines before I could access them.

Does anyone know if there is an alternative which would allow me to access
remote machines without having to install Jaws on each one?  As there are
quite a number of servers involved, we would like to avoid having to install
onto each one if at all possible.

And if there isn't any way round this, is it possible to try the Jaws
solution to make sure it would be suitable before we pay for the add-on?

Any information would be very welcome.

Caroline.

database 6073 (20110426) __________

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 6074 (20110427) __________