[access-uk] Re: Jaws and Reading PDF's

  • From: "Richard Godfrey-McKay" <lists.godfrey-mckay@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2013 22:58:05 -0000

Sam,
1. How about this link - which has some advice:
http://www.euroblind.org/resources/guidelines/nr/88#Portable_Document_Format
_PDF

2. Ultimately, of course, it's the job of your employer to ensure that
material sent to you is accessible to you - although I appreciate that it
may not always be easy to ask for this.

3. How about Abbeyy FineReader which does a good job of converting image
files (including most PDF files I've given it) into Word for you.
4. There are various online free PDf to txt conversion facilities, but I
can't find the one I think most people use at the moment.

Hope this may give you some useful things to try.
Good luck,

Richard

Richard Godfrey-McKay

Telephone: 01738-445 880