[access-uk] Re: Jaws & Magic - anyone use them?

  • From: "Griffiths, Steve" <Steve.Griffiths@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 May 2008 09:07:59 +0100

Phil,

I think that Freedom Scientific - or maybe it was back in the days of
Henter Joyce - bought MAGic and have been gradually bringing it closer
to JAWS with each release. That's why there may still be
incompatibilities. It's surprising to me, for instance, that you need
MAGic 11 and JAWS 9 if you want the magnification to track the virtual
cursor - something I would have thought was fundamental to a combined
speech and magnification package.

Steve