[access-uk] Jaws GoldWave hot keys.

  • From: Colin Howard <colin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 04 Jan 2007 15:32:53 +0000

Greetings,

I have compiled GoldWave.jss for version 5.12 ok, as in his reply to the
NTExpress list, Dave Durber instructed, I
closed GoldWave, then did Jaws key with 0 from the numbers row to open =
the
manager dialogue, which as I was in Agent at the time opened =
FreeAgent.jss,
so I did control o to open new file, then alt-tab to files list and =
tapped
the  letter g  until GoldWave.jss was highlighted, pressed enter.  I then
did control s and received the satisfying glonk.  I repeated control o =
and
again from the files list selected GoldWave4.jss, entered to open it, =
then
did control s and received a compilation error saying it could not open =
Jaws
v5.10 for reading.

I have retried from scratch and get the same error, but as that file =
seems
to work with v4.26 giving me the text for hot keys, I assume all is ok.

Now, here's the test.

I will load GoldWave v5.12 and see if by doing jaws key with h I get help
text about hot keys.

Hurray! it worked! response was rather slower than for v4.26 though, =
maybe
there are many more commands, I will go explore.

What came up is below.

The following is a complete list of gold wave 5 commands.
Available  from the sound view or control window:=20
settings commands=20
to toggle the speaking of lable press Alt+Shift+L
to toggle the speaking of markers press Alt+Shift+M
to toggel the speaking of progress messages  on and off press Alt+Shift+5=
=20

Reading commands=20

to read the selected channel press Alt+Shift+C
to say the name of the open sound file press alt+shift+o
to say the open files format press alt+shift+i
to report witch gold wave control is active press=20
to say the total playing time of a sound file press Alt+Shift+T
to say the elapsed time while playing press Alt+shift+e
to say the time location of the start marker press alt+Shift+s
to Say the time of the finish marker press alt+shift+f
to say the duration of the selection press Alt+Shift+D

file commands=20

To create a new sound file press  Control+N.
To open a Sound file press  Control+O.
To close the open sound file press Control+F4.
To Save  the open sound file press Control+S.
to Save the current sound file with a different name press F12.
To Save the selection to a file press Control+F12.
To set the open files information or copyright text press Alt+F3.
to Process  or convert a group of files press Alt+F2.
 To exit goldwave press Alt+F4.
there are nine files in the recent files list use the following commands =
acces them.=20
to open file 1 in the recently used file list press Control+1=20
to open file 2 in the recently used file list press Control+2=20
to open file 3 in the recently used file list press Control+3=20
to open file 4 in the recently used file list press Control+4=20
to open file 5 in the recently used file list press Control+5=20
to open file 6 in the recently used file list press Control+6=20
to open file 7 in the recently used file list press Control+7=20
to open file 8 in the recently used file list press Control+8=20
to open file 9 in the recently used file list press Control+9=20

Editing commands

to  Reverse the last operation press Control+Z.
to Reverse the last undo press Control+Y.
To Cut the selection and put it on the clipboard press Control+X.
to delete the selection press Delete.
to Trim the unselected ends keeping only the selection Press control+t.
To copy  the selection and put it on the clipboard press Control+C.
to Insert the clipboard contents at the beginning of the file press
control+b.
to Insert the clipboard contents at the end of the file press control+e.
to Insert the clipboard contents at the start marker position press
Control+V.
to Insert the clipboard contents at the finish marker position press
control+f.
to Create a new file containing the clipboard audio press Control+P.
To Mix the clipboard contents with the current file press Control+M.
to Mix the clipboard at one end of the file using a crossfade press
Control+D.
to Overwrite sound with the clipboard contents beginning at the start =
marker
press  Control+Shift+W.
to Replace the selection with the clipboard contents press Control+R.
to Insert some silence into the file at the start marker Press Control+I.
to Trim leading and trailing silences from the selection press Control+U=20
to Replace the selection with silence press Control+Shift+U.
to Select the left channel for editing press  Control+Shift+L.
to Select the right channel for editing press Control+Shift+R.
to Select both channels for editing press Control+Shift+B
to Move the start marker to the current playback or recording position =
press
[.
to Move the finish marker to the current playback or recording position
press rightbracket.
to Move the start marker to the left press shift+leftarrow.
to Move the start marker to the right Press shift+rightarrow.
to Move the Finish marker to the left press control+shift+leftarrow.
to Move the finish Marker to the right press control+shift+rightarrow.
to Save the position of the start and finish markers press shift+m.
to Move the start and finish markers back to the stored position Press
shift+r.
to Set the selection markers press Shift+E.
to Select the entire sound file press Control+A.
to Set a cue point at the current playback or recording position press
Control+Q.
to Set and edit a cue point at the current playback or recording position
press Control+Shift+Q.
 to Manage cue points press alt+f7.
to move the start marker to the next cue point press control+j.
to Move the start marker to the previous cue point press control+shift+j.
to Move the finish marker to the next cue point pressAlt+J
to Move the finish marker to the previous cue point pressAlt+Shift+J

volume commands=20

to Change the volume Press Control+Shift+V.
to Fade in the selection press Control+Shift+I.
to Fade out the selection press Control+Shift+O.
to Normalize/maximize the volume press Control+Shift+M.
to Matche the volume level with another file press Control+Shift+A.
to Dynamically shape the volume press Control+Shift+H.

Stereo commands=20

to Mix or combine the left and right channels press Shift+F5.
to Automatically matche and maximize left and right channels volumes =
press
Shift+F6.
to Dynamically control left and right balance press Shift+F7.
to Reduce Vocals press Shift+F8.

=46ilters=20

to use the equalizer press Control+Shift+E.
to Perform parametric equalization press Control+Shift+P.
to Remove pops and clicks from old recordings press Control+Shift+C.
to Reduce noise using frequency analysis press Control+Shift+N.
to use the Bandpass/stop filter press Control+Alt+B.
to Smoothe the waveform using a running average press Control+Shift+S.
To use the Low/Highpass filter press Control+L.
to Remove or reduce quiet or silent sections from the sound Press
Control+Alt+S.

Effects

to use the Doppler effect press Control+Shift+F1.
to use the Dynamics effect press Control+Shift+F2.
to Add echo to the selection Press Control+Shift+F3.
to Perform amplitude compression or expansion press Control+Shift+F4.
to Add a flanging effect to the selection press Control+Shift+F5.
To Make the sound mechanical by amplitude modulation press =
Control+Shift+F6.
to Alter the pitch press Control+Shift+F8.
to Adjust the dc offset press Control+Shift+F7.
to Add reverberation to the sound press Control+Shift+F9.
to Change the duration or tempo press Control+Shift+F10.
TO Change the playback sampling rate press Control+Shift+F11.
to Convert the sampling rate to a different rate press Control+Shift+F12.
to Reverse the selection so it plays backwards press Control+Alt+R.
to Linearly interpolate from the start amplitude to the finish amplitude
press Control+Alt+L.
to Turn the waveform upside down press Control+Alt+I.
effect plug-ins=20
note all the below plug-ins must be installed in order for these commands=
work!
you can get the plug-ins from the=20
gold wave home page Control+F1
to allow gold wave to use a winamp dsp press Windows+F8=20
to Perform the "Auto Gain" effect in module "GWVoice". press Windows+F9=20
to Perform the "Auto Offset Removal" effect in module "GWVoice".  press
Windows+F10=20
to Perform the "Censor" effect in module "GWVoice" .press Windows+F11=20
to Perform the "Voice Over" effect in module "GWVoice". press Windows+F11=
=20

Controls=20

f4 presses the green play button.
shift+f4  presses the yello play button.
f5 presses the rewind button.
f6presses the fast forward button .
f7 presses the pause button.
f8 presses the stop button.
control+f7 presses the pause rechord button.
control+f8 presses the stop rechord button.
control+f9 presses the rechord button.

windows=20
Alt+F6 Switches between the Main window and Device Controls window.
Control+F6 Switches between Sound windows.
Alt+1 changes the active sound window to window 1=20
Alt+2 changes the active sound window to window2 =20
Alt+3 changes the active sound window to window 3=20
Alt+4 changes the active sound window to window 4=20
Alt+5 changes the active sound window to window 5=20
Alt+6 changes the active sound window to window 6=20
Alt+7 changes the active sound window to window 7=20
Alt+8 changes the active sound window to window 8=20
Alt+9 changes the active sound window to window 9=20

options=20

to Set how certain file formats are opened press Control+F11.
TO Display the Control properties window Press F11.
to Set storage options and folders press Shift+F11.

tools=20

to Read audio digitally from a CD Press alt+f5.
to Create a chain of effects press alt+f8.
to Evaluate mathematical waveforms and expressions press alt+f9.
to Join many files into one press Alt+F10.

press escape to close this help message!

 --
Colin Howard wishes you a peaceful and prosperous New Year