[access-uk] Re: Jaws 8 sluggish?

  • From: "Christopher Hallsworth" <chrishallsworth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2007 16:21:11 +0000

When I used Window-Eyes demo, I used the ETI Eloquence Synthesizer, and
now and again it crashed, and, on some occasions, I cannot use
Window-Eyes again until I reboot my machine. However, since using JAWS 8
demo, I've had nothing like that since I'm using the integrated
Eloquence synthesizer. Hope that helps.
On Fri, 02 Mar 2007 21:44:24 +0000, "Joe Paton"
<joe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> said:
> At 14:40 01/03/2007, you wrote:
> >I'm using a demo copy of JAWS 8 on my machine, and it is definitely not
> >sluggish. In fact, it is more stable than Window-Eyes!
>
> Joe paton replies: Chris, if you'd be so kind, I'd be keen to know in
> what environments wihndow-eyes is unstable?
> Which synth are you using? What os? Which apps yield instability?
> Just curious, because on 3 machines here, running office 2k, IE7,
> sound forge 6.0.a, cooledit, reeper, ez cd da extractor goldwave all
> the native MS junk which comes with xp pro sp2, and much more, WE is
> sollid.  Maybe this is a system specific problem.  This machine has
> an Nvdia chipset 64 mb video ram 1 GB ram plus 3 sound cards.  The
> other machines are all XP pro, but slightly lesser spec, but still no
> sluggishness with window eyes.  Occasionally we looses items on the
> task bar, but that appears to be it.  What should we avoid?
>

> regards,
> Joe

Christopher Hallsworth
Skype name chrishallsworth7266