[access-uk] Re: Jaws 8 sluggish?

  • From: Joe Paton <joe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2007 21:44:24 +0000

At 14:40 01/03/2007, you wrote:
>I'm using a demo copy of JAWS 8 on my machine, and it is definitely not
>sluggish. In fact, it is more stable than Window-Eyes!

Joe paton replies: Chris, if you'd be so kind, I'd be keen to know in
what environments wihndow-eyes is unstable?
Which synth are you using? What os? Which apps yield instability?
Just curious, because on 3 machines here, running office 2k, IE7,
sound forge 6.0.a, cooledit, reeper, ez cd da extractor goldwave all
the native MS junk which comes with xp pro sp2, and much more, WE is
sollid.  Maybe this is a system specific problem.  This machine has
an Nvdia chipset 64 mb video ram 1 GB ram plus 3 sound cards.  The
other machines are all XP pro, but slightly lesser spec, but still no
sluggishness with window eyes.  Occasionally we looses items on the
task bar, but that appears to be it.  What should we avoid?

regards,
Joe