[access-uk] Re: Jaws 7

  • From: "Amro Bilal" <amro_bilal@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2006 20:44:00 -0000

Hi Kirsten,

The Check for updates feature was introduced with JAWS version 7.10 and upward.
You can double check what version you're running by clicking the About icon
from the JAWS contexts menu. Users of JAWS 7.0 and downward download JAWS
updates from the Freedom Scientific website. Whether users of version 7.10 will
be able to update to version 8 using the JAWS automatic update feature, I don't
know. But don't worry, keep an eye on this list or the JAWS emailing list and
you'll see hundreds of emails about updating when the time comes! In any case,
you should get a CD through the post from your dealer when a newer version of
JFW is released as your licence includes two major updates.

Cheers,
Amro