[access-uk] Java & Java Access Bridge - Remote Access

  • From: Alfred King <alfredking10@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2012 16:54:39 -0000

A big thank you to 3 list members who have given me considerable help and
support in getting this up and running.  Michael and John provided a lot of
help, Michael over the telephone and John through e-mails and batch files.
Despite all this, something was just 'not quite right' and I was not succeeding
in accessing the university tutorial page.  However, Mo then came on board! and
with an excellent remote access was able to tweek here and there and get it all
up and running.  Mo would be the first to say that he just had a few minor
adjustments to make and did not have to uninstall what I had put on the PC.  I
was amazed at this remote access as Mo had speech on his end but he also had
speech from my PC at his end so he was totally in control.  I think Mo uses
JAWS but I use Supernova.  Pity this equipment that is accessable now to a
blind person is so prohibitively expensive and Mo can correct me here but I was
asking if it might be VAT exempt to him as a blind person but he said it is
not.  Dreadful about this as Mo could not have used the equipment without the
additional speech support.  I often feel that it takes someone to be at the PC
to detect just what is going on.  Doubtless I had to the best of my ability
carried out instructions that John and Michael had provided but I obviously
made some mistake or other.