[access-uk] Re: J-Say.

  • From: Léonie Watson <lw@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 09:38:26 +0100

Steve,

    I've had a copy of J-Say since early last year and I think it is a
wonderful product.

    It has restrictions in that you are required to install Jaws to the
default folders, which is at odds with my own personal preference for
installing applications, but that is pretty much my only gripe.

    J-Say sits beautifully between Jaws and Dragon Naturally Speaking and
makes the process of using the latter program considerably easier.

    The thing that holds me back from really using this product combination
is the difficulty I've had in trying to train Dragon to understand my voice.
This is in no way the fault of J-Say, but rather an aspect of voice
recognition which is still largely difficult to master with a home user
product.

    If you've got the patience to use Dragon, then J-Say is definitely the
program to assist you do it.

Cheers,
Tink.