[access-uk] JAWS volume

  • From: "ANDY COLLINS" <Andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2009 02:52:56 -1200

Hi all -

On my XP netbook, I have the master volume set to 100, and find with a powerful
pair of Senheiser headphones, this is fine; However, if I use ear buds, the
volume is much reduced, obviously because they are less powerful, and unlike
the Senheiisers, don't have a volume control. I'm guessing the answer is no,
but is there anyway to boost the volume for JFW? Obviously it can't be done
through system volume, as I already have that set to 100 percent, but might
there be another software synth that is more powerful? If I listen to music
played in Winamp, then the volume is great, even with ear buds, in fact, there
is so much discrepancy between the Winamp volume, and that of system Volume,
that I can't hear what JFW is saying because Winamp is so much louder. So, any
way to tweek JFW? -

Andy