[access-uk] Re: JAWS punctuation/customisation question

  • From: "Ray's Home" <rays-home@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2006 16:51:50 -0000

As I was saying before I interupted myself and sent the message, an interesting
post Catherine.

Interesting too that the guy that sprang to mind for giving answers, one BH,
lept into the fray.

Maybe Brian is taking a good deal of what you have been saying on board, but as
a non-JFW user it often estounds me how little of JFW many of its users
actually know.  Still, as a program gets more and more complex only a few keep
up with it all.

I wonder though whether BH or other clever scripties could help solve your
problem and frustrations?  Its a complex set of questions you bring up, but
designing a logical, even intuitive interface, is an art.  Not everyone will
take to a designers scheme easily either.

I wonder too whether some will come up with solutions that look a lot like the
Alistair King Webie solutionsfor internet radio, podcasts, news feeds, etc.  Me
thinks a small industry of interface re-engineerers might be imerging.  Pity
the software developers aren't more aware of these things.

Anyway, as usual, I drift.

Cheers.

Ray

Personal emails:  Email me at