[access-uk] JAWS no speech problem

  • From: "Ray's Home" <rays-home@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 2 Jul 2005 12:24:02 +0100

I'm asking this question here because I am not a JFW user and not subscribed to
JAWS lists.

A friend I've helped before who does have JAWS finds he has yet again lost
speech output.  Its weird that this keeps happening.  JAWS is configured to
load at start-up and I prsume it is loading, but he's hearing nothing.  Somehow
I think one of the mute settings in the audio mixer keeps getting put to the on
status.

So, just two questions:  does JAWS have a mute command, and if so, what is it?
Second, is there a hot key to load JAWS when its not running?

I am really puzzled as to why this keeps happening and wonder if there is a
keystroke he is inadvertantly pressing that is causing this to happen.  Either
that or some mischievous software fairy is doing something on the sly.
Ray

Personal emails:  Email me at
mailto:ray-48@xxxxxxxx