[access-uk] Re: JAWS installation problem

  • From: "Kevin Lloyd" <kevin.lloyd3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 28 May 2006 14:17:14 +0100

MessageHi.

I experienced a similar problem with my dell desktop.  In my case, my graphics
card provided dual monitor support and this was the issue.  I could install
JAWS once but trying to upgrade to a higher version resulted in that blue
screen of death.

The graphics card is a radeon x300 if I remember correctly.  The way to resolve
the problem is to disable the secondary driver.

So, I went into device manager and display adaptors, and in the properties of
the secondary driver, checked the disable checkbox.  This resolved the issue
for me.

Regards.

Kevin
E-mail:  kevin.lloyd3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx