[access-uk] Re: JAWS error 6

  • From: "Caroline Ford" <caroline@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2008 21:54:54 +0100

Andy,

I have had exactly the same problem on a Vista laptop when I plug in a
Belkin bluetooth adapter.  The solution recommended to me by Sight & Sound
is to make sure that the adapter is plugged in before I boot the laptop,
otherwise Jaws sees the plugging in of the adapter as a significant hardware
change and asks to be re-activated.  It is a bit of a nuisance having to
remember the adapter every time, but it does seem to have banished the
problem for me.  I think the Jaws authorisation scheme is a bit too
sensitive when using Vista, as I also have been able to use the same adapter
on an XP machine with no problems at all.

Caroline.